5th of September 2020 – The Managing Director (That’s me folks) made the decision, at considerable pain (akin to migraine) that it was time to move on. However, as he was the last Director he was told he was staying. On hearing that news he promptly announced that no further building of tracks would be undertaken or commenced. A new programme of improvements was to be put in place.
- The conversion of the last 9 non-DCC ready and 16 DCC ready locomotives would be completed before Christmas 2020.
- A new project would commence in Spring 2021 with the remaining 16 DC locomotives providing the motive power. Further details will be announced in January 2021.
- The offer from a ballasting expert to undertake the ballasting of the “Ennitoun” tracks has been grasped with a two hands – there is no getting away with it Frank. We have dispensed with the last clown who really mucked up the ballasting – (that was me folks).
- Prior to the Ballasting, work will commence in powering the many points/turnouts on the layout – expert advice is currently being sought or some-one to undertake the task out of pity or for a small libation..
- Sourcing of material for the building of bespoke station platforms has been undertaken.
- Questions were raised concerning the time period of the layout. At present we can run LMS/LNER locomotives from 1923-1948 – BR from 948 – 1966. Apart from 3 car DMU the remaining locomotives are steam outline, though consideration is being given to obtaining Diesels such as Type 37, 47 & 55. plus others up to 1971.
Motive Power (as at 5th September 2020
Not counting the Class 110 DMU there are 48 steam outline locomotives available to be run on Ennitoun’s tracks, breakdown as follows:
- 8 Duchess/Princess Coronations – which includes the oldest model in our collection Hornby R685 LMS 6220 “Coronation” Blue/Silver (Circa 984/85) recently converted to DCC with a motor upgrade by Horns & Whistle Workshops as may be seen on video below:
- 2 Princess Royals
- 1 Black Five
- 2 A4 Mallard, Golden Shuttle
- 1 B17 Manchester United
- 1 A1 Flying Scotsman
- 10 Duchess/Princess Coronations
- 4 Princess Royals
- 2 Britannia
- 3 Jubilee
- 1 Patriot (Baby Scot)
- 1 Royal Scot
- 1 BR Standard 8
- 1 A1
- 1 A3
- 2 Black Five
- 1 Ivatt 4
- 1 J36
- 1 J38
- 1 Jinty
- 1 K3
- 2 Stanier Moguls
Things still to be done – build station platforms to meet new width and track lengths, ballast track beds, enhance scenery
Thank you for following this blog on Ennitoun development. Please do leave a comment – no spam please.